Yoga Class Types
Jai offers a variety of class types. Our intention is to welcome everyone/body to find a safe space for their yoga practice. Most classes incorporate an element of Vinyasa yoga. Vinyasa means to place with purpose/intention; which translated in yoga asana classes through movement with breath, thoughtful planning and deliberate execution. Each teacher brings their unique intelligence of the practice their classes which helps keep things fresh and interesting. Yoga means yoke, or unite. At Jai we aim to offer you tools to unite your mind, body and spirit, connect into the present moment and vibe with a like-minded community.
Level 1 classes are perfect for beginners with little to no yoga background. Our teachers will guide you to develop a strong foundation for your yoga practice. Level 1 classes are also great for the advanced practitioner looking to refine their foundation, slow down and be reminded of mindful alignment and transitions. Some Level 1 classes will be foundational, while some more gentle and juicy. All will be accessible to every(body).
Level 2 classes are geared towards the yoga student that has an understanding of the basic Vinyasa yoga postures (Downward Facing Dog, Cobra, Plank etc.). Level 2 classes are a step up from Level 1 because they may move a little faster, teachers may not deeply unpack every single posture, and the challenge level will be elevated. Expect to go deeper into sequences, move on the breath, learn new poses and flows, while maintaining the Jai standard of intelligent cueing and attention from our teachers.
Level 3 takes it up a notch and is perfect for those with a regular yoga practice. These classes are considered more intermediate and advanced. With a strong foundation in basic Vinyasa postures, Level 3 classes take it up a notch in intensity. Expect to continue to flow on the breath, learn new techniques, infuse occasional pranayama practices and kriyas, and sprinkle in advanced postures like arm balances and inversions from time to time.
Heated VS Non Heated Classes
JAI is proud to offer HOT YOGA with a state-of-the-art infrared heating system. Infrared heat is known to boost your circulation, which increases the capability of your body to transport toxins to your liver and kidneys so they may process and eliminate them. Higher circulation also helps your body circulate nutrients and oxygens, aiding your body’s detoxification capabilities.
Classes labeled HOT or WARM are heated to varying temperatures based on class type. Please refer to the class descriptions above to learn specifics. Heated yoga is great for sweat enthusiasts! The heat helps your muscles get a natural warm-up. Make sure you hydrate properly before coming to a hot class and bring a large towel for your mat to help with sweat absorption. Try not to eat anything for at least 3 hours before HOT classes. A light snack is okay if you need it!
- Pre-register for class to ensure your spot.
- Please try your best to arrive 10-15 min early. Doors may lock when class starts if we do not have front desk staff. Please know you will not be able to get into class late and will be considered a late cancelation if you show up after class begins.
- Leaving early: If you know you have to leave early please inform the teacher before class. Kindly set up your mat in the back of the room (near the door) and sneak out before savasana to respect the peace of your classmates.
- Please leave your cell phone in the lobby on silent. (If you are on call, inform your teacher why you have your phone with you.) We want to assist in creating space from all of the busy-ness of life!
- Do not assist students unless it is your class or the teacher asks you to. This is a liability.
- HEATED CLASSES – bring a sweat towel and a full-size towel. Clean up your sweat after class to ensure no one slips!
- Sweaty People: Be mindful of the moisture you may track around the studio and please clean up after yourself.
- Lead by example. Following rules of etiquette will trickle through the yoga community.
What to bring/wear
- Wear comfortable clothing, class-type appropriate for sweating. In stronger classes expect to sweat more than gentler class!
- Come prepared with water and a yoga mat.
- HEATED CLASSES: Bring a sweat towel and a large/mat sized towel and water.
- JAI has mats to rent and mats + towels for sale if you forget yours/want to buy one. We also have water for sale at the front desk.
- Never hesitate to shoot us a note with any questions or concerns!