All of the classes offered at JAI are rooted in the lineage of Vinyasa Yoga. Vinyasa literally means, “to place with intention.” This is translated in asana (posture) classes as placing the breath with the movement of the body. Yoga means to “yoke,” or unite. At JAI we aim to offer you tools to connect mind, body and spirit. Our teachers have their own unique style and gift to offer to you. There is an appropriate class level for everyone.
- Please try your best to arrive 10-15 min early. Doors will lock when class begins to assure safety of our students’ belongings.
- Leaving early: If you know you have to leave early please inform the teacher before class. Kindly set up your mat in the back of the room (near the door) and sneak out before savasana to respect the peace of your fellow yogis.
- Please leave your cell phone in the lobby. (If you are on call, inform your teacher why you have your phone with you.) We want you to create space from all of the busyness of life!
- What to bring/wear:
- Come prepared with water and a yoga mat. A towel is recommended for heated classes. JAI has mats to borrow and Jade mats for sale if you forget yours/want to buy one and water for sale for $1 a bottle.
- Do not assist students unless it is your class or the teacher asks you to. This is a liability.
- Lead by example. Following rules of etiquette will trickle through the yoga community.